Lydecker | Diaz – Partner (September 2018 to Present)
- Miami trial lawyer, Miami mediator, and Miami ethics lawyer. Active trial practice across the State of Florida as a Trial Partner. Practice areas include Civil Trials; Mediation as a Florida Supreme Court Certified Civil Circuit Mediator; and Legal Ethics, Compliance, and Lawyer Regulation as a former Ethics Trial Lawyer for The Florida Bar. Download Mediation Bio.
The Florida Bar – Ethics Trial Lawyer (May 2015 to September 2018)
- All trial and appellate work before the Florida Supreme Court for compliance, ethics, and Lawyer Regulation for high stakes lawyer disciplinary cases.
- Public-speaking and regular CLE presentations on behalf of The Florida Bar at the University of Miami School of Law, lawyer conferences, and at local law firms.
Russell | Law – Managing Attorney (May 1997 to May 2015)
- Managed law firm with 4-6 attorneys/staff for eighteen years.
- Diverse legal practice that over time included both litigation and transactional work involving insurance law; business law and startups; contracts; debt collection and judgment enforcement; and real estate transactions and leases.
Cosgrove Law Offices –Of Counsel (August 1995 to December 2001)
- Mentored under a former member of the Florida House of Representatives to litigate Hurricane Andrew insurance claims on behalf of homeowners.
- Co-counsel in matters involving commercial litigation, commercial evictions, family law cases, and probate. Transactional work for business incorporations, business licensing, business sales, and real estate closings.
Insta-Check Systems, Inc. – General Counsel (September 1994 to August 1995)
- Litigated all commercial and debt collection cases on behalf of the company.
- Supervised collection staff and operations to ensure FDCPA compliance for a national check guarantee company.
Past clients include the State of Florida, Aries Insurance Company, American Skyhawk Insurance Company, Virginia Tech University, Aljoma Lumber, ARI Shipping, Bay View East Condominium Association, Patricia Condominium Association, Premiere Center for Cosmetic Surgery, PuroClean of South Miami, Stones Supplier of the World, Sundial Towers Condominium Association, WeShipBoats.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT
Coral Gables, FL – Juris Doctor
- Volunteered as an Intern in the UM Athletic Department for NCAA compliance.
- Member of the Entertainment & Sports Law Society
- Member of the Employment & Labor Law Society.
Milwaukee, WI – Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude
- Major: Political Science Minor: History
- Founded the MU Pre-Law Society and was elected its first President.
- Elected Vice-President for Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Society.
- Elected Secretary for Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society.
- Served as Senator for ASMU, the student government body of the university.
Public-Speaking and Presentations
- “Technology Competence and Legal Ethics”, Legal Malpractice and Professional Liability Roundtable, University of Miami School of Law Center for Ethics and Public Service, Coral Gables, Florida, April 2019.
- “Mediation Skills and Ethical Advocacy for Trial Lawyers”, The Florida Bar, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section, Live Webinar, August 2018
- “Technology Ethics”, National Legal Aid & Defender Association, Litigation and Advocacy Leader Conference, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, July 2018
- “From Hello to Goodbye, Legal Malpractice and Professional Liability Roundtable”, University of Miami School of Law Center for Ethics and Public Service, Coral Gables, Florida, May 2018
- “How to Avoid a Bar Complaint”, Meland Russin & Budwick, Miami, Florida, April 2018
- “Ethical Implications of Social Media and Technology”, ABA Entertainment Law Symposium, Miami Beach, Florida, April 2018
- “How to Avoid a Bar Complaint and (Gasp!) What to Do if You Get One”, GALLA Luncheon, Miami, Florida, March 2018
- “Professionalism and Ethics”, Professional Responsibility & Ethics Program, University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, January 2018
- “Mediation and Lawyer Ethics”, Advanced Mediation Training 8.0 Hour CME, Effective Mediation Consultants, Miami, Florida, December 2017
The Making History Project (www.making-history-project.com)
- Founder and director of a non-profit organization dedicated to Veterans.
- Conduct video oral history interviews of Veterans to preserve their stories.
- Research and compare the effects of combat trauma on Veterans.
- Archive video oral history interviews with the U.S. Library of Congress and the University of Florida Samuel Proctor Oral History Program.
- Co-Teacher: “War, Trauma, and the Humanities”, NEH Grant college course, Governors State University, University Park, Illinois, Fall 2017
- Presentation: “Identifying Combat Trauma in Veteran Oral History Interviews”, Lewis University, Romeoville, Illinois, Fall 2017
- Presentation: “War and Trauma – Comparisons Through Oral History”, Governors State University, University Park, Illinois, Fall 2017
- Presentation: “508 PIR Association – Preserve the Legacy”, 508 Parachute Infantry Regiment Association, Charleston, SC, Fall 2016
- Presentation: “War and Peace: WWII Trauma 70-Years Later”, Oral History Association Conference, Tampa, FL, Fall 2015
- Presentation: “War and Peace: WWII Trauma 70-Years Later”, Midwest World History Association Conference, Wabash College, Fall 2015
- Presentation: “HungerKrieg: The War of the Calorie During World War II”, Midwest World History Association Conference, Governors State University, Fall 2014
- Book Review: “A Guide to Oral History and the Law (2nd Edition) by John Neuenschwander, The Oral History Review, Volume 44, Issue 2, Summer/Fall 2017
- Article: “Leningrad, Siege of (1941-1944)” in Atrocities, Massacres and War Crimes: An Encyclopedia, edited by Alexander Mikaberidze, ABC-CLIO, June 2013
- Article: “Army Group North (June 22, 1941 – May 8, 1945)” in Military Encyclopedia of Russian and Eurasia, edited by William Reger, Academic International Press, forthcoming
2,520 total views, 4 views today